Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Two Peas in a Pod

Chaos. That is a good word to describe my house. You would think I have all this under control. There are only two kids and two dogs, and occasional neighbor kid and me here much of the time. However, there are two family members that have joined forces to create mayhem. Ben (19 month old human) and Max (6 month old puppy) are two peas in a pod when it comes to chaos. They are both into everything. I have to keep Ben out of the kitchen because he has figured out how to open the child proofed cabinets. I have to keep Max in the kitchen because he is just plain bad. So the kitchen is gated off. Because of their gated limitations, they have developed a game: drive Mommy insane. Ben thinks its fun to give Max things. So he goes around the house picking up various objects with out discrimination and throws them over the gate to Max. Of course Max thinks this is wonderful and promptly chews up what ever Ben is willing to give him. This has lead to the destruction of some shoes, newspapers, various toys, papers for preschool and college awards. But believe it or not, that isn't the "Let's Drive Mommy Insane Game." That game goes more like this: For some reason, Ben thinks it is wildly funny to give Max his lovey. But once Max has is lovey for more than 5 seconds, he becomes upset and starts screaming to get it back. So, I go and get it from Max. Then, Ben will hold it so Max can see it and Max will begin to bark and bark for Ben to give the lovey to him again, which of course Ben does. And then Ben screams again. This goes round and round until I finally take the lovey and Ben away from the scene of the game. This doesn't stop the barking but it does distract Ben from giving the lovey to Max and screaming for a few minutes. Sigh... I need a vacation. Maybe I will go to Walmart alone when Gerry gets home.

1 comment:

debily said...

Well, glad Wal-Mart works for you as a vacation. For me, Wal-Mart is just more chaos. I come home to get away from Wal-Mart!! lol