Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sorry Its Been Soooo Long!

Well, folks I think my retirement is over. It was a great couple of weeks. I enjoyed it and I was glad to live with the illusion that I could be retired. Then life happened. As it always does. God is always teaching me that I am not in control and he has written the master plan for me. I admit that I am too hard-headed to learn it the first time, second time, etc... So, I am always learning it.

I am working part time for a preschool. I absolutely love it. I think I have always been a preschooler at heart. Who wouldn't enjoy spending the day making craft projects, snacking, playing at recess, singing songs, napping and listening to stories? The kids in my class are an absolute joy and I am blessed to work with the best staff in North Texas. Anyway, that has been keeping me busy.

And then there is cub scouts. I volunteered to be the assistant leader this year for Gerry's den. Even though I wanted to do a 180 and run after the owl pellet scene at twilight camp, I have stuck to it. In the past two weeks, it has become clear why I should be doing this. Our den has grown to 12 boys and our den leader is needing to spend more time with her family. So here I am! And it has been fun and will be fun since I am kinda planning a lot of stuff. If your boy has the opportunity to be involved in scouts, please take advantage! It is a great program where you get to meet great people. It has been a wonderful blessing to us!
And then there is Marching Band; the phenomena that takes over our lives for about 6 months of the year. Gerry has been working MANY hours with his own school. He is at school about 12 hours a day Monday thru Thursday and Friday he gets to school at 6:30 a.m. or so and returns Saturday at about 2:00 a.m. or so. Because of my "retirement" he has been taking on some judging gigs around the country and here in Dallas. He will also be doing a few clinics in his "spare" time. So, you have already figured out that I am basically a single Mom.
So that is why there have not been any posts. I hope that I will be able to get to this more often because we love to share our lives with you. But don't hold your breath!

Here are a few pictures from the past month or so:




Ben playing on the fire truck at Frisco Firesaftety town.






Gerry won the Musician of the Month Award at his school. We are so proud of him!


Gerry was the Flag Bearer in the flag ceremony at the September Mavs Fan Jam!
Ben in his sailor suit! Isn't he cute!

No comments: