Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kari's Shower

(Kari's invitation with pictures of Zachary inserted- we signed a mat and framed it for her)

I forgot to include pictures from Kari's shower in the last post. After rescheduling it due to Hurricane Ike, it went off with much success. We had it in New Orleans at Monica's house. The big drama (besides the hurricane) was the cake. I made the cake. I needed to make it due to Kari's special needs diet and I was nervous about it. I was on a time limit where there was no room for mistakes. I had only worked with fondant once before in an experiment in my kitchen and if I messed it up, I couldn't start over since I bought the batter mix in Dallas and flew in with it to New Orleans. Thank God, it turned out fantastic! As you can imagine, I welcomed the cocktail Aunt Judy made when the cake was finally made and safely inside Monica's house. Everything was beautiful and I think everyone had a great time. Of course Kari looks great. She is one of those cutsie pregnant people you see the the magazines. We were all jealous! It was great to see everyone and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of little Zachary who is scheduled to be here on October 30th.
Here is the cake with the diaper cake centerpiece
The famous cake!
Kari cutting the cake ( I tried not to watch!)
Kari, Me and Monica
Cathy, Kari and Me (I wasn't having a good hair day!)

No comments: