Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Underwear Chronicles

I have had two conversations with my husband recently that have been a little funny. I thought you would appreciate them. Here you go:

Conversation #1: Emergency Preparation- Underwear

Scene: We are packing for a trip to San Antonio to attend a conference. The suitcases are open and we are trying to decide if we can get away with bringing just one suitcase for the three day conference.

Lori: It's only three days. Lets see if we can scale down and fit all your stuff in with mine.

Gerry: If you can take some stuff out of here, then we can make this work.

(Lori watches as Gerry takes our her boots, hair dryer and pajamas- all things he does not consider to be essential to this trip)

Gerry: Now I think we can do it. (He proceeds to pack his underwear and socks into her suitcase.)

Lori: I thought that we were only going for three days.

Gerry: We are.

Lori: Then why are you packing seven pairs of underwear?

Gerry: In case there is an emergency.

Lori: What kind of emergency are you planning for that requires you to bring twice as much underwear as you are going to need?

Gerry: I don't know.... my Mom always told me to pack extra underwear.

Lori: I am not sure I want to travel with you if you are going to have an emergency that requires you to use all that underwear.

(Gerry starts to take out some of the underwear. He decides to leave two extra pairs- just in case.)

Conversation #2: More Underwear

Gerry: I'm going to Walmart. Do you need anything?

Lori: I could use some new panties.

Gerry: Really? (in an excited tone) You want me to get them for you?

Lori: Sure.

Gerry: Well, what kind should I buy? Bikini?

Lori: I like the low cut bikinis.

Gerry: (a little more excited) What size should I get?

Lori: 6

Gerry: Is there any particular fabric you like- cotton, silk?

Lori: Either is fine.

Gerry: (eyes widening) What colors do you like?

Lori: White or flesh so they don't show through.

Gerry: (pausing to take in the mental picture) Do I have a budget?

Lori: I don't know- $10 should work. I didn't know this was going to require so much questioning.

Gerry: I got it. I will be back!
(he leaves the house with much more excitement for a trip to Walmart than I have ever seen him leave in the past. I must not be following through on my New Year's resolutions.)

1 comment:

debily said...

LOL (*tears streaming down my face*)

That was so funny. I asked for new panties for Christmas this year...and my husband apparently had a grand old time going to Victoria's Secret to buy them for me. I had to remind him that just because he sees the photos of the model wearing said panties does NOT mean I will look like her when I put them on, much to both our dismay.