Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lori's Big Announcement

Take a deep breath. I am NOT pregnant. I have made a big decision. Gerry and I have been struggling to make it work financially since we gave up my job and half our income. Instead of going back to work, I have decided to open up my own home childcare business. I am excited about it. I feel this is what God is leading me to do. I really like this plan of his because I really don't want to go back to teaching full time. My babies need me at home. I plan to open in May. I will be keeping little ones during the day and maybe a few elementary age kids before and after school. The website is still under construction but you are welcome to visit it now if you like www.loveandlaughterchildcare.blogspot.com. If you live near me, feel free to pass along my info. Thanks!

2 comments:

debily said...

I can honestly say that working from home is the BEST. You will never regret the sacrifices you make to be part of your children's lives and experiences. I can also say that if it's what God wants you to do, HE will make the money stretch. We've been watching Him do that for us for 8 years now. (I could go on and on about this but I won't) We've survived numerous layoffs and now Matt's disability leave with me working from home. God has ALWAYS provided!! I am so excited for you as you do this. I will be praying for you and for the children who come to your home. What a great opportunity!

Kate Bright said...

Good for you! I honestly wouldn't mind doing something like myself...although I'm not a certified teacher, so I wouldn't have that particular selling point. But I love staying home with Julia and I wouldn't mind a few more kids at all (=